Thursday, May 6, 2010

Actual yarn content!

Just like a REAL yarn blog!

We'll start with yarn.  I'm a member of two fiber clubs: Hello Yarn Fiber Club and Spunky Eclectic.  Each month, 16oz. of fiber (type and colorway chosen by the dyer) arrives on my happy little doorstep.  Anyone needing a monthly pick-me-up should really look into this.

Today I'll just post pictures of yarn and works in progress, but I promise to post a discussion of different fibers and spinning techniques in the near future.  Just 4 more weeks of school and then I'm free!


Here is a truly terrible photo of two different club colorways on my "industrious kate."  The left two bobbins are "Ooh La La Tropi-Cal" from Spunky Eclectic's february offering in Blue Faced Liecester.  The rightmost bobbin in "Garland" by Hello Yarn in Targhee.   The color is fairly accurate for both.  

 

This is a shot of "Ooh La La" in the beginning stages of being plied.  You'd never know it from the picture, but this is actually the same colorway as in my banner photo.  




This is "Garland" on the bobbin.  Targhee is a close cousin of Merino, so this will floof up quite a bit after it's plied and washed.  I'll post finished pics when I have them.  




This is two skeins of "Navajo Gems" in merino, and one giant skein of "Kentucky Derby" in Norwegian wool, both by Spunky Amy.  Oooh!  Aaaah!

And that will have to hold you for now, dear readers, as I have a house to clean and hors d'oeuvres to make, and company to entertain.  


No comments:

Post a Comment