Sunday, May 16, 2010

Spinning from the last couple weeks

First up, the penultimate skein from our colorwheel project!  It's 100% corridale wool.  This is the skein from the crockpot.  I have yet to spin the top from the oven.


It's not exactly what I'd envisioned, but I think I like it.  The Monster is completely enamored.  I think I'll try and crochet it into a Queen Anne's Lace Scarf for her.  All 4 year olds need wild scarves.

Next is a skein I spun for a co-worker.  She's retiring this year and is a knitter!  She and I have plans to hang out next year and knit.  It's always nice to make things for people who understand them. 


The top was Spunky Eclectic's "Chocolate Covered Cherries" colorway.  I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do.  I'm hoping it has enough red in it for Jane.  

This next skein is for She To Whom He'd Best Propose (aka - my baby brother's girlfriend.)  She's completed her commitment to the United Stated Air Force and should have more free time on her hands in the coming months.  Also, she crochets.  You see why He'd Best Propose?  


The top was also Spunk Eclectic, in the Feb '09 club colorway of "New Day."  Not only are the colors something I think she'll like, but the name kinda fits.  I love it when yarn comes together!

Lastly we have Spunky Eclectic Nov '09 club colorway "Istanbul Sunset."  I'm not actually a walking advertisement for Spunky Amy, I just have a LOT of her stuff.  And I like her.  And she's great.  Okay, maybe I'm a bit of an advertisement.  But in a good way, so it's okay. 


Hopefully, this skein will allow me to complete my Tappan Zee cardigan.  I'm doing evenly spaced rows of yarn overs instead of the diamond motif.  The lace was getting overwhelmed by the yarn.  My way is much better.  I promise to post pics when it's all done. 

Only two and half more weeks of school!  

No comments:

Post a Comment